We are a group of evangelical Christians who gather to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Although not intended to be a creed, the following statement should give some idea of where we stand.
We believe that:
- There is one God, yet three distinct and equal ‘persons’ in the Godhead — Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in the Trinity.
- Jesus Christ is God manifest in flesh, that He was born of a virgin, lived a holy life and was crucified at Calvary
- Jesus Christ died as a sacrifice in order to save sinners; that His blood is the basis upon which men and women can receive forgiveness and eternal life
- Jesus Christ literally and bodily rose from the dead and ascended bodily into heaven
- Everyone is a sinner in God’s sight and needs salvation
- Salvation is not obtained by church membership, good living or charitable works, but by grace through faith in Jesus Christ
- When a sinner repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ he or she is ‘born again’
- God desires that all men and women be saved
- The church which is the body of Christ began with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost and includes every born again believer
- The local church should comprise of believers who are baptised by immersion and gather to the name of the Lord Jesus, accepting the entire Bible as being authoritative in matters of doctrine and practice
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, that it is complete and all-sufficient
- Jesus Christ is coming again: firstly to receive His church and secondly to reign on the earth